Friends of the Library Executive Board
Friends of the Library Executive Board
Maureen Bartolucci – Co-President
Nancy McMahon – Co-President
Dorothy Padko – Treasurer
Martin Corso – Recording Secretary
Ann Marie Finnen – Corresponding Secretary
Contact the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org
New members are always welcome!
Next Meeting: Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Mark your calendars for these upcoming Friends of the Library Events:
Tricky Tray: Basket Raffle Fundraiser!
Saturday, September 30, 2023 | Doors open at 10:00 am | Drawing begins at 12:30 pm
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE PRESENT AT DRAWING IN ORDER TO WIN!
Seat must be reserved in advance (100 seats available!).
Register in-person at the library starting Tuesday, September 12 from 4-8:30 pm.
$10 cash only, which includes 1 Blue Prize Ticket Sheet. Following the sales on September 12, seats will be available for purchase during library hours until sold out.
Tickets for Purchase Day of (CASH ONLY)
Purple Grand Prize Ticket $25 (50″ TV!)
Gold Basket Prize Ticket Sheet $20
Blue Basket Prize Ticket Sheet $10
Your generous donations will support the purchase of:
– Library Speakers Consortium subscription, for 1 year with bestselling authors
– 75-inch TV for the Library Meeting Room
PLEASE NOTE: Must be 18 years or older to attend.
2023 Winter/Spring Membership Letter
Dear Friends and Future Friends of the Library,
We look forward to the start of the new year – 2023!
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome our new co-president, Nancy McMahon, and thank her for taking on this role. We bid a heartfelt farewell, with great thanks for her service as our co-president, to Sara Smid. Again, thank you for your dedication and your wonderful job over the past four years.
During the past year, the Friends celebrated the Pequannock Township Public Library’s silver anniversary at its current location! The Friends created a “$25 for 25 Years of Service Fundraiser,” which raised over $4,000.00 for the Library. Your generous donations enabled the Friends to purchase the following items for our patron’s convenience from the Library’s wish list:
- Soft Seating Chairs for the Adult Area (6)
- Elkay Enhanced Bottle Filling Station and Installation
- eBooks and audiobooks for digital collections
- Materials for the Children’s Department
In 2022, the Friends supported the following events:
- 2022 Mini Golf Fundraiser
- 25th Anniversary Musical Lawn Concert Celebration with the Guthrie Brothers
- 3rd Annual Scarecrow Stroll & Festival
- Adult Programs: Cornelius Vanderbilt: The First Tycoon, An Evening with Eliza Hamilton, Calming Practices for Better Sleep, Carols of Splendor Holiday Concert, & The History of Christmas Carols
- Children’s Programs: Johie’s Bubble Magic Show, Kit’s Interactive Theatre: Grace the Pirate Show, Balloon Sculpting for Summer Reading Kickoff, Ancient Undersea Reptile Show & Dig Workshop, Giant Outdoor Games, Fall Festival Pumpkin Decorating, Crafts, & Caricatures, Gingerbread House Decorating, and 2022 Summer Reading Program Book Give Away
Author Sidney Sheldon once said, “Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination. They open the windows to the world and inspire us to explore and achieve and contribute to improving our quality of life.” Consider becoming a Friend of the Library this year or renew your membership to keep the energy going! Active members of this organization attend meetings, plan programs, volunteer at fundraising events, and participate in community activities. We look forward to your participation.
Your continued support through membership dues and future fundraising initiatives will enable the Friends Organization to continue to provide educational materials, programs, and entertaining events and lectures that will continue to improve the quality of life in our community.
Maureen Bartolucci and Nancy McMahon, Co-Presidents
Membership forms can be found at the Pequannock Township Public Library.