Friends of the Library Executive Board
Maureen Bartolucci – Co-President
Sara Smid – Co-President
Ann Rudolph – Secretary
Ann Marie Finnen – Corresponding Secretary
Dorothy Padko – Treasurer
Winter and Spring 2018
Dear Future Friends of the Library:
The Friends of the Pequannock Library look forward to this coming year! Brick by brick and row by row, this year our community will watch our Library grow! A new addition to our Library – an expansion to the Children’s Department – has been funded by a bequest generously left from the Estate of Virginia Forde.
The Friends, a non-profit organization, would like to expand public awareness of the library and its services and lend support to their needs. We are committed to keeping our library a vital part of this community. If you are not yet a member, please consider joining. Your membership and input will help the Friends continue to create public interest and support for our growing library. The proceeds from this effort will help fund adult and children’s programs.
In the past, thanks to the generosity of our members, the Friends have sponsored the following programs:
• Love Your Library Ice Cream Social – Children’s Program
• Love Your Library Poetry Contest – Children’s Program
• Mad Science Performance at the Summer Reading Celebration – Children’s Program
• Arts Fest 20th Library Anniversary Celebration – Family Program
• Fall Festival Petting Zoo – Children’s Program
• Andrew Carnegie: Man of Steel – Adult Program
Join this vital organization that is growing and responding to the demands of this community. Help us celebrate the
Library and its new addition throughout this year with special events and programs. Mark your 2018 calendar please!
• Saturday, January 20, 2018 – Children’s Program: Mighty Library Construction Party Fundraiser, 10:30am – 12:30pm at the Library. Fill our hard hat with “Change for the Changes” to support the new addition to the Children’s Department.
• Monday, February 12, 2018 – Friends of the Library regular meeting, 7:00pm. Please join us!
• April 8-14, 2018 – Children’s Program: Libraries Lead . . . Us to New Worlds. Design a bookmark to celebrate National Library Week.
Totes: For your convenience, the Friends of the Library are selling canvas book tote bags to help raise funds to continue our provision of programs, activities, and resources for our beloved Library. The price is $12.00 for one tote bag or $20.00 for two bags. A purchase gives you a chance to win our monthly raffle prize! Please visit the main Circulation Desk for purchase and thank you for your support.
Maureen Bartolucci & Charlene Mason, Co-Presidents
Yes! I want to be a Friend of the Library for 2018. Enclosed are my annual January-December 2018 Membership Dues:
_______$10: Senior _____ $25: Household _____Other: $________
Corporate Matching Gift: $ ________________________________ (Please include corporate matching gift form)
Make checks payable to: Friends of the Pequannock Township Library. Please print or use your return address label.
Phone:________________________________ Email: __________________________________
____ Notify me about Friends of the Pequannock Township Public Library events.
Mail to: Friends of the Library, Pequannock Township Public Library, 477 Newark Pompton Turnpike, Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
The Friends of the Pequannock Township Public Library is a registered organization under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. All donations are tax deductible – to the extent allowed by law.